Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing De Stefano Ltd. To ensure your order, purchase and delivery is executed as smoothly as possible, please be aware of the following points that should be adhered to at all times.
Payment Terms and Conditions
A deposit is required to secure any vehicle. This will be advised by De Stefano Ltd. This is non refundable unless otherwise agreed by the Management.
Full payment or completion of finance documents must occur before taking delivery of any vehicle.
Payment options are as follows:
- Credit/ Debit Cards: We accept all major credit/debit cards - Visa, Mastercard, American Express. Please ensure sufficient funds are available on your account.
- Cash: A maximum of £2,000
- Telegraphic Transfer or CHAPS payment: Funds should be transferred into our account 48 hours before taking delivery. Please request our bank details if this is your chosen method of payment.
Please note that any bank charges required by your funds supplier are payable by you.
Should you wish to take advantage of our finance services you will be required to provide the following information:
- Personal Details – Name, Address, Contact Telephone Nmbers, Bank Details and Employment Details.
- I.D. documents for borrower/signatory – Driving Licence in current address, and/or Passport.
- Proof of signature for borrower/signatory – Credit Card/ Bank Card
- Proof of address for borrower/signatory – 2/3 Utility Bills (Gas, Electricity, Water Rates, Council Tax, Bank Statement etc)
All new vehicles must be registered before delivery. All used vehicles cannot be released without adequate Road Fund Licence.
Comprehensive insurance must be arranged prior to taking delivery of your car. Your delivery date must be arranged during your insurance active period.
A copy of your insurance certificate must be posted or emailed to us at least 24 hours prior to delivery date. We must have your original insurance document with us on date of delivery of a vehicle.
A DVLA registration number will be assigned to a new vehicle; you will be notified of your registration number.
Cherished Number Plate
Should you have a cherished registration number, this can be transferred from another vehicle to your new one. Please note the DVLA quote 10-14 days for effective transfers, providing they have the adequate paperwork. All registration transfers are done at the discretion of the DVLA. The correct paperwork required is:
- Registration document (V5) for donor vehicle
- MOT certificate for donor vehicle if applica
- Certificate of insurance and schedule for the new vehicle.
- Assignment/ Transfer fee: cheques should be made out to DVLA Swansea
Should you have a cherished registration number in a retention certificate this must be signed by the grantee and a nominee filled in where applicable. Your insurance details must match the grantee or nominee details on the certificate. As above all assignment/ transfer fees should be provided through a cheque made out to DVLA Swansea.
Taking Delivery of your Car/ Day of Collection
Collection of your vehicle must be arranged within our working hours.
Should you wish to have you car delivered this can be arranged either by your own means or by us. Please be aware all delivery costs are payable by you.
If you are unable to collect your car when previously arranged, or are held up and cannot make your appointment please inform us as soon as possible so we can re-organise collection and avoid any further disruptions.
Please note we do not operate an organised distance selling scheme as defined by The Consumer Contracts (Cancellation, Information and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. We strongly recommend that customers attend our premises to view and test drive vehicles before purchase. Therefore, if you make the decision to not view your vehicle at our premises prior to purchase, you will not be entitled to cancel your order under any 14 day cancellation period. All other statutory rights remain unaffected.
Part Exchange vehicles
If you have a part exchange please ensure full documentation is bought with you on the day of hand over:
- Registration Document (V5)
- Current MOT certificate where applicable
- Service Books and Owners Manuals
- Spare keys and radio codes where applicable.
- Additional items i.e. locking wheel nuts keys
You must ensure all personal items are removed from your part exchange vehicle before date of handover. De Stefano Limited cannot be held responsible for loss of such items.
Please be aware that any valuation of your car takes into account all extras such as radio/ cd player and unexpired road fund licence. Should you wish to remove any of these items after your valuation please let us know so we can re-appraise you part exchange vehicle.
If your part exchange vehicle is involved in an accident between dates of valuation an date of handover you must inform us immediately. You will then be advised on the appropriate procedure in reference to your car purchase.
Part exchange vehicles will not be accepted unless the original V5 registration document is provided.